Cosmetic dentistry doesn’t have to be invasive or expensive. At Great Smiles Dental Care, we offer a pair of cosmetic treatments that will have your smile looking better in just one visit. We perform teeth contouring and crown lengthening in Surprise that will help you:Doctor Wendelschafer on Crown Lengthening and Teeth Contouring Read Transcript
Crown lengthening is really effective when there's not enough tooth structure to be able to save a tooth. There's only so much we can do with what we're given. If the crown's too short because of decay or it broke off, crown lengthening is a procedure that I do here that actually lengthens the amount of tooth that we're able to work with. Where previously you might've had to just pull the tooth because it's been injured to a certain degree, I'm able to extend that just a little bit through some procedures that allow us to keep your own natural root and do a crown or whatever we need to do on it to make it yours.
The best option is usually to keep your own teeth. Where we can't, that's where dental implants are so effective. Tooth contouring is just a real quick and easy way to fix minor problems, minor bite issues. The tooth isn't hitting right or food's getting in a place that you don't want it. Teeth contouring usually doesn't even require anesthetic. It's just a minor adjustment here and there. It's amazing how big of a change it feels in your mouth when we do such a minor procedure. One minor change on a tooth can change your bad day to a good day and make eating more pleasurable because you don't have that problem.
- Feel more confident about the appearance of your smile
- Make better first impressions on others
- Gain an edge in your professional life
- Make dating and romantic moments more relaxed
- Improve your overall self-esteem
Give us a call today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment. We can have your smile looking great in no time! We’re located at 14800 W. Mountain View Blvd., Suite 200 in Colonnade Professional Plaza.
Quickly Improve Your Teeth & Gums With Our Help
However, your needs may be simple. Perhaps your smile is in good shape overall but just needs touching up. That’s where treatments like contouring your teeth and crown lengthening can come into play. Both services can be completed in a single visit in most cases and are relatively simple to perform:
- Teeth Contouring – Dr. Wendelschafer will use special dental instruments to strategically shape rough and uneven tooth edges. He’ll remove a small amount of tooth enamel to give your smile a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. Don’t worry about pain, either. Since your tooth enamel doesn’t contain any nerves, you won’t feel a thing.
- Crown Lengthening – We often see patients who have teeth that appear short and therefore unattractive. Using a low-power CO2 dental laser, we can sculpt your gumline to reveal more of your beautiful teeth, making short teeth appear longer and more pleasing. The laser treatment is painless, and there is no cutting or stitches involved.
If you’re ready to get your smile into the most attractive shape possible, talk to Great Smiles Dental Care about teeth contouring and crown lengthening in Surprise. Call us today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment.