If your gums are overshadowing your beautiful white teeth, Great Smiles Dental Care offers help. In just one visit, our Surprise gum reshaping can:Doctor Wendelschafer on Gum Reshaping or Gummy Smile Treatment Read Transcript
Gum reshaping or re-contouring, there's a variety of ways it's referred to, it crosses many thresholds. In the cosmetic zone, it's a fantastic asset to have an instrument that allows you to do that, to contour those gums in an aesthetically pleasing way.
I've got a CO2 laser, which is fantastic. It's, in my opinion, the best way to contour gums in a very short amount of time and sometimes without anesthesia. It's quick, it's effective and it's gorgeous, but it's also really effective in back teeth areas where food might be getting stuck or you have somewhere that just hurts or it bleeds a lot when you floss, the CO2 laser is able to get in and shape the gums so that you don't have food traps and plaque traps and those kinds of things. So it's got a more practical function too, as well as aesthetic.
- Balance out your smile to put the spotlight on your teeth rather than your gums
- Give you more confidence to speak up in public
- Help you make better first impressions
- Improve your overall self-esteem
To get your gums in shape, call Dr. Wendelschafer’s office today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment.
Improve Your Smile With Better-Looking Gums
Let’s face it. Our smiles are one of the first things other people notice about us and judge us on. If you have a “gummy smile,” meaning too much of your gums show when you smile, reshaping your gums is a straightforward way to address the problem. No longer will you have to feel embarrassed to show others a full, genuine smile or try to hide your smile behind your hands.
Dr. Wendelschafer will use a special CO2 laser designed just for this type of procedure. He will:
- Examine your teeth and gums to make sure you’re a good candidate for gum reshaping
- Plan the steps he’ll take to make your gums more attractive
- Gently remove excess gum tissue using the laser
- Give your teeth and gums a final once-over to make sure everything looks perfect so you’re completely satisfied
Although laser gum reshaping is a painless procedure, we can use a local anesthetic to numb your gums if desired. We want to make sure you’re completely at ease before we begin working.
Complement Your Reshaping Procedure With Other Cosmetic Dentistry
After we reshape your gums, you may want to enhance your smile further with one or more of our other cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Teeth Whitening – Take your choice of either in-office treatment or at-home treatment to get your teeth sparkling white.
- Tooth Bonding – We can repair minor tooth flaws like chips, cracks, pits, and worn teeth in just one visit.
- Invisalign – Straighten your crooked smile with comfortable plastic teeth aligners.
Gum reshaping in Surprise can get rid of a gummy smile quickly and comfortably. Call Great Smiles Dental Care today at 623-321-2169 to schedule a consultation.