One of the most common dental problems we treat is tooth decay. But we never let that darken a bright smile! With our Surprise tooth fillings, we can treat cavities without leaving any dark spots in your mouth. We use a composite material that blends seamlessly with the rest of your teeth.
This type of dental filling has several advantages:Doctor Wendelschafer on Tooth Fillings
- Reduced Risk of Allergic Reactions – Some patients are more sensitive to metal and respond more positively to biocompatible composite fillings.
- Preservation of Healthy Tooth Enamel – More of your healthy tooth structure has to be removed to make room for metal fillings, but our tooth fillings allow us to avoid that and keep more of your tooth intact.
- Restored Teeth That Look Natural – Dr. Wendelschafer can match your tooth filling to blend in flawlessly with your surrounding teeth so no one, not even you, will notice you ever had a cavity.
If you think you need a tooth filling, trust Dr. Wendelschafer at Great Smiles Dental Care! Call us today at 623-321-2169 to request an appointment.
Restore Damaged Teeth in Other Ways
Sometimes, a damaged tooth needs more than a standard filling. If a cavity is too large, there won’t be enough healthy enamel left for the filling to bond. We may suggest one of our other dental restorations to save a decayed tooth:
- Dental Crown – This restoration is designed using digital impressions gathered from our 3-D scanner, so it will fit perfectly and comfortably over your tooth. Our crowns are durable and beautifully lifelike, so you can continue enjoying the complete function of your mouth.
- Inlays/Onlays – These are often referred to as partial crowns. They cover only a portion of a tooth when there’s too much decay for a regular filling but not enough to justify a whole crown.
Treating a cavity with a dark metal filling can leave a dark spot in your smile. Let us keep your mouth healthy without leaving any evidence behind. Call us today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment for tooth fillings in Surprise.