The team here at Great Smiles Dental Care understands the hassles that come along with damaged teeth. It can be hard to chew comfortably, and you may be hesitant to show others a full smile due to the condition of your teeth. Dr. Wendelschafer and his team can help, however. Using Surprise dental crowns and bridges, we can:Doctor Wendelschafer on Dental Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
Crowns and bridges were created as a way to allow people to keep the teeth that they had. If you broke a tooth or if the decay was too extensive for a filling – if a filling becomes too big, it's not going to last very long. When there's not significant tooth structure, natural tooth structure, to do a filling, the next best thing or the next step is to do a crown. And a crown is where you remove the bad parts of the tooth and you cement a prosthetic crown onto the tooth. There's a variety of materials that I use. As technology improves, my crowns get better, and I'm able to save a tooth if it's cracked. A lot of patients come in for their checkups, and I start to see the cracks forming or a filling that was done when they were 8, and now they're 60. The tooth's starting to fail.
Once the tooth starts breaking down at that level, the next thing to do is to do a crown and remove the bad parts of the tooth, replace it with a new crown. And if you keep it clean, it should last you a lifetime. Or if you have to have a tooth removed because it's gotten past that point of being able to save it, a bridge is a fantastic option. A bridge is like a few crowns hooked together in one piece. A dental bridge is a way to replace missing teeth without doing an implant. Usually if you're missing a tooth, you can either have a bridge or an implant in most situations.
- Make it possible to enjoy a wider variety of healthy and delicious foods
- Give you new confidence to smile boldly wherever you are
- Aid your digestion through more complete chewing
- Help you look younger and more vibrant
- Improve your oral health and help prevent other health problems
Don’t settle for faulty teeth that cause you problems. Call our team today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment. You’ll find us at 14800 W. Mountain View Blvd., Suite 200 in Surprise. We’re open for both early morning and late afternoon appointments.
Enjoy a Stronger, More Beautiful Set of Teeth
Crowns and bridges are some of our most versatile types of dental restorations. With them, Dr. Wendelschafer can repair just about any damaged, diseased, or missing teeth.
Our team will discuss your crowns and bridges options in detail, helping you make the decision that’s right for your situation. Once a treatment plan has been decided on, we’ll take digital impressions using a 3-D scanner – you won’t have to deal with any of the goop of traditional impressions.
Here are some typical crowns and bridge repairs that we might use to help you:
- Single Crown For Repair – Your crown will completely cover your damaged tooth, strengthening it and helping prevent further damage.
- Fixed Dental Bridge – This bridge will anchor to your other teeth and fill in the space left behind by one missing tooth or a row of missing teeth.
- Implant-Supported Crown – We can replace a single missing tooth using a dental implant topped with a crown.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – We’ll secure your new bridge using two or more dental implants for superior stability.
- Inlays and Onlays – These restorations provide more extensive repair than a filling and are used when an entire crown isn’t needed.
It’s time you got your bite back, isn’t it? Surprise dental crowns and bridges can do the job. Call us today at 623-321-2169 to schedule your appointment. Be sure to ask us about our comfort options like pillows, blankets, headphones, and a coffee bar when you arrive.