Dr. Wendelschafer and our team want you to have strong, healthy teeth for life. Since gum disease is the leading cause of adult tooth loss, that’s one of the biggest oral health threats we look for during your routine checkups. We can stop it in its tracks with gum disease treatment in Surprise.
We offer noninvasive gum therapy to eradicate the infection so you can:Doctor Wendelschafer on Dental Cleanings and Exams and Gum Disease Treatment Read Transcript
Regular care is critical for patients on a day-to-day basis. On their own, no matter what good of a job you do, you can't get everywhere. That's why it's imperative to have biannual, at least, dental cleanings, come in twice a year. Sometimes gums and teeth need a little bit extra help, and so the frequency can change. It can be increased a little bit. But coming in a few times a year to have your gums checked, it's imperative, and especially just to have me look. I've had patients disappear for a year or two and come back, and they've got problems that I could have fixed a year prior for very little and now it's a big problem. So coming in a couple times a year allows me to check, make sure nothing's going south. If it's starting to go south, we can nip it in the bud before it blossoms into real trouble.
Not only do I have a good hygienist, but I've got lasers that are able to actually get down into the tissue and kill the germs and allow the gums to reattach and heal. Gum disease can lead to a variety of problems, including heart disease. I've had patients that have had a hard time keeping their teeth clean, their gums are always inflamed and hurt. Once we remove that problem and that load from their mouth, all of a sudden they have energy. They wake up feeling better. Their day to day is improved because they're not always fighting this battle in their mouth. If we can help out the body, it'll give you a better day-to-day life.
- Prevent it from spreading to the rest of your mouth and body
- Avoid persistent bad breath and other gum disease symptoms
- Heal your gums and get your oral health back on track
- Keep your teeth strong, stable, and functional for a lifetime
Protect your gums, teeth, and overall health! Call Great Smiles Dental Care today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment.
Fight Gum Disease Comfortably & Effectively
Gum disease infection can be sneaky, working its way through your mouth quietly without any visible signs. By the time you start to notice changes to your gums, like redness, swelling, or bleeding, it may have already become a serious threat to your oral and overall health.
We can help you fight it. Our nonsurgical gum disease treatment can stop it from developing further and, if caught early enough, reverse it. Here’s how:
- First, we can apply a topical anesthetic to numb your gums so you’ll feel more comfortable during treatment.
- One of our skilled hygienists will remove any plaque or bacteria that’s built up in your mouth by deeply cleaning under and around your gumline.
- Then we will smooth out the roots of your teeth that have been exposed because of gum recession. This will prevent bacteria from building up there and encourage the growth of new healthy gum tissue.
Keep your teeth for life. Let us restore your gum health with gum disease treatment in Surprise. Call us today at 623-321-2169 to schedule an appointment at Great Smiles Dental Care.