Everyone wants to maintain good oral health and a bright smile. Aside from your home care routine, there’s no better way to do that than with Surprise general dentistry from Great Smiles Dental Care. Dr. Wendelschafer and our talented team love using our skills to help our patients keep beautiful smiles. When you trust us with your routine smile care, here’s what you can expect:Doctor Wendelschafer on General Dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry is generally quite open ended as far as what dentists can deliver and offer, which can be good or bad in certain corporate offices. And I see some of those patients when they come to me and say, This was done, and can you fix it? Dentistry can go almost as far as you want in the oral cavity. A dentist can do orthodontics, but he better do them as good as an orthodontist.
One thing patients really appreciate here at Great Smiles is I'm able to offer so many different avenues of treatment that often gets sent out to other specialists. I do my own root canals and implants and orthodontics. And that's one thing that people really appreciate and they tell me often, they say, I'm so glad you can do that because I don't like being sent somewhere to a guy I don't know or a gal I don't know. You know, especially if a mom comes in and she needs a crown but her daughter wants braces. Being able to come to the same place and get it all done at the same time, it’s great. It's great for them, makes their lives easier. It takes less time. Usually it costs much less too. And so that's one thing I've strived to be able to do, is to offer more, and it usually costs less.
- Improved oral health and a great-looking smile
- Confidence to show off your smile wherever you go
- Peace of mind about the condition of your mouth
- Detection and treatment of small oral problems early on
- Quality care that will prevent the need for more invasive treatment later on
- Tips and advice to help you maintain good oral hygiene
To keep your mouth its healthiest, call us today at 623-321-2169. We’re open for both early morning and late afternoon appointments. Our office is located at 14800 W. Mountain View Blvd., Suite 200 in Surprise.
Visit Us Regularly For Your Best Smile
General dental services form the cornerstone of a good oral hygiene program. Dental checkups are much more than just a quick examination of your teeth and a cleaning. Your visits will help our staff get to know you and your unique smile needs. We’ll even use electronic cavity detectors to check for small signs of tooth decay that are invisible to the naked eye.
Your checkups will help us keep an eye on your oral health so we can make suggestions for how to achieve your best smile yet. Even if you’re a new patient, you’ll receive a thorough teeth cleaning and complete exam at your first visit so we can catch any oral problems early and recommend restorative dental care or other treatments to resolve them.
During your checkup, we may also recommend one or more of the following general dental services:
- Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – We can apply fluoride directly to your teeth to help prevent cavities. Studies have shown that fluoride can even reverse tooth decay when it’s still in the early stages.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are great for kids and adults. We’ll coat the biting surfaces of susceptible teeth with a thin layer of plastic. This forms a protective barrier between your tooth enamel and disease-causing bacteria.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If we see any signs of gum disease, we can perform a “deep cleaning” of your teeth and gums. We’ll use special instruments to remove plaque and tartar from around and below the gumline. Then we’ll smooth your teeth roots to help prevent bacteria from building up again. This treatment, known as scaling and root planing, may need to be repeated several times a year if you’re prone to gum disease.
General dentistry in Surprise is your key to a healthy mouth and beautiful smile. Call the pros at Great Smiles Dental Care today to schedule your next appointment. You can also request an appointment time using our convenient online form.